- Social Work Specialist and Technical Editor, August 2006-
- Teaching Fellow, Department of Social Work, University of Dundee, Sept 2005-July 2006
- Researcher, Cancer Care Research Centre, University of Stirling, May 2005-June 2006
- Consultant, firstHand, January-June 2004
- Development Worker, Department of Social Work, University of Dundee, Dec 2003-Aug 05
- Development Worker, NCH Scotland, 2001-2003
- Assistant Project Leader, Edinburgh Sitters, 1994-2001
- Ager, W. French, M. Fitzgibbon, A. and Ager, A. (AOP, 2018) The case for – and challenges of – faith-sensitive psychosocial programming. Intervention.
- Ager, W. and Ager, A. (2010) The Psychology of Enforced Mobility in S.C. Carr (ed) The Psychology of Global Mobility (pp. 151-172). New York: Springer.
- Rowa-Dewar, N, Seaman, P, Ager, W and Kearney, N. (2009) Cancer beliefs in disadvantaged populations’ EJC Supplements, 7, 2, p 235-236.
- Gee, M. Ager, W. and Haddow, A (2009) The Caring Experience: Learning about Community Care through Spending 24 Hours with People Who Use Services and Family Carers. Social Work Education, 28, 7, October 2009: 691 – 706.
- Ager, W. (2008) Issues in the evaluation of psychosocial programmes: lessons from the development of a UNICEF manual for psychosocial evaluation. Intervention: Journal of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Conflict Affected Areas Vol 6 (1): 4-11.
- McPhail, M. and Ager, W. (2008) Introduction: Good intentions in a messy world. In M. McPhail (ed.) Service User and Carer Involvement: Beyond Good Intentions. (pp.1-6). Edinburgh: Dunedin Press.
- Ager, W. and McPhail, M. (2008) Issues of power in service user and carer involvement: partnership, processes and outcomes. In M. McPhail (ed.) Service User and Carer Involvement: Beyond Good Intentions. (pp.7-22).Edinburgh: Dunedin Press.
- Ferguson, I. and Ager, W. (2008) Ways of knowing. In M. McPhail (ed.) Service User and Carer Involvement: Beyond Good Intentions. (pp. 60-71). Edinburgh: Dunedin Press.
- Rowa-Dewar, N, Ager, W, Ryan, K, Hubbard, G, Harganm !, and Kearney, N. (2008) Using a rapid appraisal approach in a nationwide, multi-site public involvement study in Scotland. Qualitative Health Research, 18 (6): 863-869.
- Rowa-Dewar N, Ager W, Kearney N, and Seaman P. (2007). Glasgow Public Involvement in Cancer. Cancer Care Research Centre and Glasgow Centre for Population Health.
- Ager, W., Dow, J. and Gee, M. (2005) Grassroots Networks: A Model for Promoting the Influence of Service Users and Carers in Social Work Education, Social Work Education, 24 (4), 469-479
- Ager, W. (2002) Refugee families in Scotland. Scottish Council for Research in Education Newsletter, 70, 12.
- Ager, A., Ager, W. and Long, L. (1995) The differential experience of Mozambican refugee women and men. Journal of Refugee Studies, 8 (3), 263-287.
- Ager, A., Ager, W. and Long, L. (1991) A Case Study of Refugee Women in Malawi. Report to UNHCR. Zomba: Centre for Social Research.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- University of Edinburgh, 1997-2002, M.Sc. Advanced Professional Studies: Thesis – ‘The Impact of Resettlement on Refugee Families in Scotland: A Case Study’
- UK Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work (CCETSW), 1997-1998, Social Work Practice Teaching Award
- University College, Cardiff, 1981-1983, Diploma in Social Work/Certificate of Qualification in Social Work
- University of Salford, 1974-1978, B.Sc. (Joint Honours) Upper 2nd, Modern Languages (German and Russian)